Monday, March 30, 2009

cardboard bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

Cardboard serves as the backdrop to this piece. It's the cardboard that lined my painting work space for a long time. All of the colors and materials that gathered on it over time inspired me to do something purposefully artistic with it.



so pretty vintage music bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird in this piece is made from vintage sheet music to the song I feel pretty.


transparent bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

This piece is a combination of spray and acrylic paint, with pencil.



cardboard bird (original) 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

Again, this piece is made from the cardboard that lined my painting work space, mounted on plywood.



lemon drop ice cream birds 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

I saw some colors somewhere that inspired me to do a little landscape scene, and the birds were an after-thought. They are created from photos of homemade lemon drop ice cream from a vintage cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment