Saturday, March 28, 2009

plywood bird paintings archive

lucky number 5 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

This piece features a bird made out of vintage paper that reads an excerpt from a story about Joan of Arc. I found this round paper with the number 5 on it, and I thought it looked nice incorporated into this work. It's not my lucky number, but I figured it must be someone's, maybe the person who purchased it?



under the weather 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird in this piece is fashioned out of paper from a vintage cookbook, and is actually the directions to folding a fancy napkin. I like how this piece is delicately morbid, kind of like life. Making the ugly pretty, or the pretty ugly--same/same.



by-product bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

I named this piece as a clue to its content. The cardboard that serves as the background to this painting sat under my paint work area for a long time. It collected all my favorite colors and materials and when I was ready to replace it, I thought it would make a nice additive to some of my work.



joan of arc blue bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

This painting features a bird made out of paper from a vintage book--an excerpt of a story about Joan of Arc.

No comments:

Post a Comment