Saturday, March 28, 2009

paintings

hootenanny 22"x 28" 2008 mixed media

This piece features pink sprayed vintage sheet music as the flowers that are sprinkled about the painted blossoms. It was named by my daughter who was really into the word hootenanny at the time.


is it really love? 2008 16"x 36" mixed media

This painting is based off of a photograph I took, and ponders one of life's most perplexing dilemmas. Also, the delicate leaf buds are fashioned out of vintage sheet music sprayed bronze.


the king and i 2008 18"x 24" mixed media

This painting is adapted from a photo a friend of mine took. It's a step away from the work I usually produce, but something about this king is compelling so I had to give it a try.


black velvet 2008 14"x 18" mixed media

This painting is based off of a photograph of a puppy from a vintage book, and when I finished it I thought it looked tacky--hence the name.


doodle 22"x 28" mixed media

This piece is basically a giant doodle, similar to doodling on a phone book while talking on the phone, but painted instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment