Saturday, August 8, 2009

and the tree was happy... 2008 30"x 40" mixed media

This is probably my most favorite painting I've ever created. It was a commission piece--a family tree. The client and I went back and forth because she wanted muted colors, and I [if you've noticed] am a loud color girl. I called her over often to look at it while working, because I was so afraid I would go over board with color. Maybe that's why I like this piece so well, because it's not entirely my idea.
Incorporated into it are leaves made of vintage cookbook recipes, and blossoms made from snippets of cotton. The title comes from a line out of Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree.


el capitan 2008 16"x 20" acrylic

This is one of my favorites also, adapted from a photo of my oldest son's dog Brutus. He's enjoying a boat ride on Lake Chelan--lucky dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment