Saturday, June 20, 2009

jail bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

I think the black and white stripes give this bird an old school jail house rock feel--hence the name.



flag feathered friend 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

I'm always looking for something other than wires and branches to perch my birds on. Today I passed by a car lot that had flappy flags over-head, and it inspired me to created this piece (although in real life the flappy flags might be too unstable for a bird to perch?--I don't know; I'm not a bird expert).



dans le jardin bird 2009 6"X 6" mixed media

I wanted to create something light and airy, and it somehow seemed french when finished.

2 comments:

  1. I bought Jail Bird yesterday at Bluebird. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you cozmicquest! take care, jen

    ReplyDelete