Tuesday, May 5, 2009

tv cathedral bird 2009 4.75"x 6" mixed media

I just completed this piece today. The postcard is a vintage European, from the late 19th/early 20th century, and the bird is created from a vintage television owner's manual (70s I think). The frame is a tacky little piece I picked up at the thriftstore, sprayed it and transformed it into an object of cool.



table and chair birds 2009 6"x 8" mixed media

These two little birds are fashioned out of a vintage card; the illustration on the card is colorful and I've been meaning to work it into projects. The background is a postcard from the late 19th/early 20th century, featuring a historical cabin in Oregon. And the frame comes from the thriftstore, was originally silver, and sprayed with my favorite Montana Gold Himalaya blue spray paint (love that stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment