Wednesday, November 25, 2009

pink bird yellow background 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird in this piece is created from vintage sheet music. *This piece was recently purchased as part of a movie set. The movie is currently in production, so not knowing much about the industry, I don't know how long it will be before I possibly see it again (on the big screen). When the movie comes out, I'll fill in the details.


hook and barbwire 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird in this piece is created from a page from a vintage book about Peter Pan, a book that Heather (my partner in artistic crime) gave me.



top of the mornin to you 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird in this piece was created from a bit of a vintage map of Ireland.




golden song 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird is fashioned out of paper from a vintage children's book--then sprayed gold and enhanced with acrylic paint and pencil.



three's a crowd 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

I think I get the relationship between these three. [This is one of those pieces that I unintentionally created a relationship among these birds, and didn't notice until I stepped back when complete]. The female demurely sits and watches as her partner puffs up in a defensive stance because another bird is leering at her with an offensive confidence. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment