Sunday, April 5, 2009

curious feather friend 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird in this piece is made from recipe from a vintage cookbook.
recycled material birdie babe 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

This and the piece below are fashioned from the cardboard that used to line my workspace. I painted it and mounted it on plywood.



cardboard blue bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The backdrop to this piece is the cardboard that lined my paint workspace for a very long time. It gathered lots of paint and material over time, and when I pulled it to replace it, I thought it contained history and beauty, so I've worked it into some projects.



seven little friends 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The birds in this piece are all adorned with rhinestones as eyes--brilliante.




tiny tim bird 2009 6"x 6" mixed media

The bird in this piece is made from a comic of a Christmas Carol, and if you look closely you can see tiny Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment